Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 9, Thing #23 Summation

Thank you for offering this wonderful online tutorial. It has been informative, entertaining and expanding. It is difficult to chose favorite discoveries or exercises as I have enjoyed so many of them from the Gutenberg Project to creating images to cataloging my private library at LibraryThing. Each of these activities effected my world in different ways. Some of the lessons I plan to develop into lessons with my students, other activities I will try to formulate into staff development exercises for the classroom teachers, and still others will nourish my life outside of the job such as access to worldwide literature. Setting up RSS feeds has helped me stay connected to my profession and explore new fields as well. The format of this tutorial fit my lifestyle perfectly. Assistance was readily available if needed. I could work at my own pace including taking a four month break. At this point I cannot think of any way to improve its format or concept but something may emerge when I try to teach some of these skills to students and teachers. Right now I want to continue to play with what I have learned. I plan to sign up for Discovering Assistive Technology in the fall. In describing this learning experience, I would have to say that I feel as though I have just opened my eyes on a new world and it's amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You have successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0 and you are now an official member of the CSLA 2.0 Team. Yippee!

    Glad you liked the discovery learning adventure and plan to move next to "Discovering Assistive Technology". Both are timely for starting off the new school year with tons of new tools for your students and fellow educators.

    Your blog is moving to the "Congratulations" list on the School Library Learning 2.0 sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. I hope you enjoyed the journey and will continue down the 2.0 road to new and wonderful discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome this is interesting.. Wonderful information. Thanks..

    Web Development India

    ReplyDelete