Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 4, Thing #8 RSS newsfeeds

I set up an account with Bloglines and started to subscribe to a bunch of newsfeeds. I like the idea of having the latest news fed to me with a click. It saves so much time and helps me to keep up to date on the latest in the library/information world. Without my library tech this year (I lost her to budget cuts), I have very little if any time to spend going from website to website reading to keep myself current. At first I went a little overboard subscribing to many newsfeeds, but I found that some did not provide me with the information I was looking for. I decided to focus on newsfeeds that were directly related to my job as an elementary school librarian primarily book reviews and school library related issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment