Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 7, Thing #16 Wikis

I explored a number of the library wikis and found that many contained links and information that I could use right now. The librarians in my district plan to give a presentation to the Board of Education on the "State of the Libraries" and we want to back up our presentation with as much information as possible. We are updating our Policy Statement, our Action Plan and Goals, and our statistics for the past year. Creating a wiki would allow all of us to contribute and edit these documents without meeting in person. The California K12HSN Calaxy site looks very promising. I also liked the Library Bloggers Wiki, Library Success: A best practices wiki, and the teacherlibrarianwiki. I will be using these resources frequently in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment