Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 6, Thing #15 Future of Libraries

As an elementary school librarian, the article that spoke to me was, "Into a New World of Librarianship" by Michael Stephens. I agree the library is human. For my students aged 5 through 10, it is a "socially and emotionally engaging center for learning and experience." My responsibility to them is to meet their needs using the tools that I have available. In these current economic times, I have no tech, no budget, and limited time and space. At the same time, I have an increase in the number of students that I serve. The skills that I am learning now through this course will enable me to better serve my students and my teachers, advocate for our school library to the District administration, the Board of Education and the public, and to create for the future.

The conference sessions I would be most interested in would be using Web 2.0 tools to enhance and differentiate instruction to my students in the library and to teach these skills to the classroom teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment